Everyone has gotten a headache at some point in their lives. However, do you know what kind of headache you’ve had? It’s important to get the proper diagnosis for sinus headaches so you can properly treat the problem.
Sinus headaches are caused by a blockage of normal sinus drainage. The obstruction causes mucus to build up and get trapped in your sinuses. Some of the symptoms of a sinus headache are:
- Pain and pressure in the front of your face
- Pain and pressure behind your eyes
- Nasal stuffiness
- Sore throat due to mucus build up
These symptoms are often intensified by damp, cold weather if it’s a sinus headache.
Effective Treatments for Sinus Headaches
The most important thing to keep in mind when looking to treat sinus headaches is to figure out what is causing it. Is it caused by allergies? Congestion?
Treatment options can include:
- Try a Nasal Spray – Nasal sprays can reduce swelling and relieve sinus congestion for sinus headaches that are caused by infection or allergies.
- Antibiotics – If the sinus infection is caused by infection, antibiotics can treat the problem.
- Sinus Surgery – There are sinus surgery options to open the blockage, therefore reducing the amount of sinus headaches.
If you think you suffer from sinus headaches, consult ENT specialist Dr. David Oliver in Savannah, GA by calling (912) 355-2335.